Time To Chai This At Home
World’s first Chai-spiced gin launches in Edinburgh
Today marks the launch of Rutland Square Gin, the world’s first Oolong tea-infused chai sipping gin, created in the heart of Edinburgh and sourced using the finest botanicals from across the globe.
Named after the home of the Indian Consulate in Edinburgh, Rutland Square, the premium craft gin draws inspiration from the East and includes a blend of 14 of the finest botanicals including Oolong white tea, giving the gin a sweet and unique taste.
The founder of Rutland Square Gin, Nishant Sharma set out to revive his Great Grandfather, Tej Ram’s spirit enterprise which was born in the 1940s in Northeast India. Tej was an Indian spirit entrepreneur and visionary who distilled gin and blended whisky in Dibrugarh, Assam – a city which is famous the world over for the production of white tea.
Nishant Sharma, said: “I’m so proud to be bringing this product to market nationally and eventually, internationally. It’s a product close to my heart which honours my Great Grandfather, Tej’s legacy and pays homage to his past, our present and travel.
“We use the finest botanicals in our gin, sourced carefully and sustainably from across the world, the purest Scottish water and most importantly, tea from Dibrugarh; the very city where my Great Grandfather started his distilling business all those years ago. It is a story that starts in India and travels across the globe to Scotland, mixing two cultures to create a delicious and memorable flavour you won’t forget!
“Perfect for sipping and savouring, our Chai Spiced Gin is the first spirit in our portfolio so keep your eyes peeled for our other exciting releases from Rutland Square Gin coming out later this year.”
The whole-leaf Oolong white tea used in Rutland Square Gin is sourced from a single estate in Assam and has a rich floral aroma with a rich yet clean and fresh liquor. The gin also includes fresh juniper, cubeb peppers, caraway seeds, angelica and vetiver root, cardamon and star-anise with notes of liquorice, lemon and orange peel and ginger. The royal gold and white packaging and stout bottling of the gin spells out
ultimate luxury and pure regalia.
Rutland Square Gin is currently being distilled at Summerhall Distillery in Edinburgh city centre. Nishant has aspirations to set up a visitor centre and distillery in Scotland in the coming years.
Nose: Sharp and sweet, lightly spicy Caraway Seed, Juniper, pepper, floral Oolong notes
Taste: Sweet Oolong Tea followed by a mellow spice
Finish: Long and dry, with a twist of floral and nutty characters from the vetiver.
You can visit us at www.rutlandsqauregin.com or follow the conversation on social @rutlandsquaregin on Instagram or @RutlandSqGin on Twitter
Notes to Editors
- Inspired by travel, Rutland Square Gin is a premium boutique craft gin carefully created in Edinburgh (Scotland) drawing on inspiration from the East.
- The first in the portfolio is Rutland Square Gin, the world’s first sipping Chai Spiced Gin, sourced using the finest botanicals sourced carefully and sustainably from across the globe.
- Inspired by our great grandfather, Tej Ram who was an Indian spirit entrepreneur and visionary in the 1940s, Rutland Square Gin pays homage to his past, our present and travel – combining the flavours of the east and west.
- Rutland Square Gin combines tea from Dibrugarh Assam, where Tej founded his distilling business, and the purest water from Scotland; mixing two cultures to create a unique and memorable sipping gin.
- Rutland Square Gin aims to encompass its unique heritage, history and travel whilst spelling ultimate luxury and pure regalia through the botanics in the liquid, the opulent bottle and the royal gold and white packaging.
- ‘Rutland Square’ is home to the Indian Consulate in Edinburgh which represents collaboration and partnership between Scotland and India.
For more information, images or interview requests please contact: Emma Craig
E: email@example.com T: 07929442572